NCBA is providing an alternative to litigation to resolve general civil disputes before litigation. Mediation service is provided by North County Bar Association members who meet all mediator qualification standards required by the San Diego Superior Court.The mediators provide their services at a reduced rate of $250.00 for the first two hours only when the mediation is arranged through the North County Bar Association. At the present time, the Mediation Before Litigation Program would not be available for family law and unlawful detainer matters.
All persons who wish to use the NCBA Mediation Before Litigation Program need to:
- Jointly agree on a first choice mediator and a backup mediator (use the above link buttons).
- Notify the NCBA that the parties wish to use the Mediation Before Litigation Program to mediate a dispute by clicking on the “Mediation Request” button above.
- Provide Party, Attorney, Dispute Information and the names of the selected Mediator Panel members to the NCBA along with an Administrative fee (not refundable) of $50.00 payable to NCBA.
- The NCBA will send the Party, Attorney and Dispute Information to the first choice mediator selected by the parties.
- The first choice mediator will determine whether they can do the mediation and notify NCBA accordingly. If the first choice mediator can not do the mediation, the NCBA will send the Party, Attorney and Dispute Information to the backup mediator selected by the parties. The backup mediator will determine whether they can or can not do the mediation and notify NCBA accordingly. If neither mediator can do the mediation, the NCBA will notify the parties. The parties may select another mediator and NCBA will notify the subsequent mediator.
- The mediator that agrees to hold the mediation will contact the parties and/or attorneys to arrange the date and time of the mediation.
- The mediator will promptly hold the mediation. After conclusion of the mediation, the mediator will notify NCBA that the mediation has concluded.