State Bar “Regular” MCLE Requirements:
For information from the California Bar, click here.
· Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) refers to the approved continuing legal education required of California attorneys.
· Attorneys are required to complete a total of 25 hours of approved credit every three years. Go to Requirements for credit details, exemptions and modified requirements.
· To ensure that lawyers receive quality legal education, the State Bar approves MCLE providers and education activities.
· Attorneys, including those who are exempt, are required to report compliance to the State Bar through My State Bar Profile to verify that they have complied with their MCLE requirement.
· California’s attorney membership is divided into three compliance groups. Compliance periods for the three groups are staggered so that each group reports compliance in a different year. Compliance periods are 36 months (three years) in length. Reporting deadlines for each compliance group are listed above.